This recipe is by far one of my favorites and happens to be apart of the biggest recipe fail known to the Fit Lush existence. To sum it up, basically, while starting the process of making fall flavored fruit leathers, a certain someone, me, decided that an hour into the what would have been the newest flavor of fruit leather, that she didn’t put the right side up on the silicone mat inside the dehyrator, so the leather was already separating. I should have taken a photo to give you all a visual but that didn’t happen. This was the second batch of this particular fruit leather that I was making, the first one never got photographed before we ate them all due to not having the right string color I wanted to wrap them up in #firstworldbloggerproblems.
Anyways, so this fruit leather combo mix was scooped up and turned into overnight oats and ended up being so amazing! I tend to avoid recipes with too many steps and probably wouldn’t have tried this one if I hadn’t made the fruit mixture ahead of time. Hopefully, you’re not like me and don’t get discouraged by that first initial step of actually making the fruit mixture because it’s so worth it. I say this as if taking a sweet potato, apple, and pear and heating + blending them up is a big deal, but it’s as simple as that. This one is now on rotation for our batch cooking for the week, love it so much!
We love Califia Farms Almond Milk Creamer and now we’re pretty sure we have found the secret to deliciously vegan creamy overnight oats.
We used Aloha’s vanilla protein powder but you can use any vanilla or plain flavored protein powder you’d like. Besides the added protein to the standard overnight oats, these pro oats have good texture and kept us full for hours.
- 1 medium to large sweet potato
- 1 medium apple
- 1 medium ripe pear
- 1 tsp maple syrup syrup
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup steal cut oatmeal
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons Califica Farms Almond Milk Creamer -- optional but makes it that much creamier
- Put fruit and sweet potato into a microwaveable bowl, and microwave on high approximately 8 minutes or until everything is soft and tender.
- Transfer contents to the bowl of a Vitamix or food processor.
- Add maple syrup and spice, and puree mixture until completely smooth.
- Add all of the above ingredients into a jar
- Let sit in refrigerator overnight
- Enjoy cold the next morning!