Hello again, avocado lovers. Here’s a twist on the traditional hummus that’s added with avocado. This is totally something we should have added to our recipe collection like yesterday. It’s a clean and simple avocado recipe is creamy and makes for a delicious snack with veggies like sliced cucumbers and bell pepper strips. It also makes for a great spread on toast and makes for making avocado toast in the morning that much easier.
The recipe can also be made without Tahini if you don’t have any on hand. We definitely suggest thinking about adding it to your pantry list, it’s that good! And apparently, there’s a ton of different recipes out there using tahini for non-hummus related meals and snacks. Swap out the tahini for 1 tablespoon greek yogurt and add a total of 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Simple as that!
- 15 oz can of Chickpeas ( rinsed and drained from a can or soaked and cooked)
- 1 large Avocado or 2 small ones
- 1 Tablespoon of Tahini
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- handful fresh Cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh Lime Juice
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 tablespoon Cumin
- Sprinkle of Red Pepper Flakes
- Drain and rinse chickpeas, add to Vita-mix or food processor with olive oil, tahini, lime juice, and garlic. Pulse until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add avocado, cumin and salt and pepper and pulse again until smooth scraping down sides if needed, about another 1-2 minutes.
- Enjoy as a snack with veggies or spread for sandwiches, wraps, or toast
- If it's too thick, add a tablespoon or two of water to help thin it out