Not sure how many of you all know, but the end of summer is pretty devisating for me. There’s something about summer, tropical fruit galore, sun, sand, and waves that makes me so happy. Now that it’s officially fall we’ve decided to kick off the season (now that I’ve accepted summer is over) with these basic, yet delisicous pumpkin spiced breakfast cookies.
I say basic, only because there’s other goodies you can add like dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, or even dark chocolate chips. Each cookie is 130 calories and has 3 grams of fiber. These are super simple to make, like pretty much everything we attempt to make. The cookies are a blend of whole wheat flower, organic regular rolled oats from Bob’s Red Mill, Califia Farms almond milk, unsweetened apple sauce, and pumpkin pie spices. Those are pretty much the key players in these breakfast cookies.
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- OR 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix all the wet ingredients into a medium bowl.
- Whisk the wet until well mixed and add wet to dry, being careful not to over mix.
- Spoon out 12 servings onto a lined or greased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes until edges are brown.